6th Malaysia-Australia Agricultural Cooperation Working Group (MAACWG), 22-24 March 2011, Hobart, Tasmania.
The 6th MAACWG was successfully held from 21-24 March 2011 inHobart, Tasmania. Malaysian delegation was leadby Mr. HjRaihan Sharif, TKSU (R) and represented by a total of 22 delegates from various Ministries and agencies who attended the following meetings and programmes:
- Meeting on Halal Protocol (21 March 2011);
- Sub Working Group on Crops (22 March 2011);
- Sub Working Group on Livestock (22 March 2011);
- Sub Working Group on Fisheries (22 March 2011);
- Sub Working Group on Forestry (22 March 2011);
- Technical Visits to Lucaston Park Orchard and TaAnn Timber Mill (23 March 2011) and
- Plenary Session of 6th MAACWG (24 March 2011)
MAACWG will continue to be a strong platform for Malaysia and Australia to discuss and strengthen its cooperation in the field of agriculture. Market access for some agriculture produce will progress due to the outcome of the meeting. Malaysia has also presented some proposals for transfer of technologies and capacity building. The technical visits have also provided the delegates with knowledge and exposure on agriculture industry in Tasmania which can be adapted by Malaysia.
Malaysia will be hosting the 7th MAACWG Meeting in Malaysia in 2012. Sydney Agriculture Officewill constantly monitor the progress of the meeting outcomes.
MAACWG Plenary Meeting Co-Chaired by MrHjRaihan Sharif, Deputy Secretary General, Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry and Mr Philip Glyde, Deputy Secretary, Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry Australia
Visit to Lucaston Park fruit orchard
Sub Working Group Fisheries
Sub Working Group Crops
Sub Working Group Livestock
Sub Working Group Timber & Forestry summers.