"From the Ship to the Consumer": Meetings with Importers in Perth.
Sydney Agriculture Office travelled to Perth, Western Australia from 2-4 April 2011 to meet importers and local distributors of Malaysian products. The meeting was fruitful and has benefited this office by:
- Expanding its networking with potential importers of Malaysian products in Perth with high number of Malaysian and Asian consumers;
- Exchanging information in terms of agro-based products offers by Malaysia as well as products that are in demand in Perth;
- Distributing product samples from FAMA, DOA Negeri Sembilan and Makers Sdn Bhd;
- Identifying issues and problems with Malaysian products to improve its standards compliance as well as enticing local consumers; and
- Identifying interested parties to be involved in the first export trial and consumer testing of minimally processed pineapples from Malaysia to Perth in June/July 2010.
Such promotional activity is important for Sydney Agriculture Office to increase its involvement at the business level in order to understand the market better. Sydney Agriculture Office will conduct similar activity in other states in Australia and New Zealand.
Sydney Agriculture Counsellor, Mr. Rudy Khairudin meeting Mr. Patrick Tan from Kong's Trading, the biggest importer in Perth.
Storage of consignments.
One of the popular Asian Supermarkets that sells Malaysian products.
Products on the shelves ready for con