Aims to establish the Internal Audit Unit as an efficient unit and continuously strive towards excellence to achieve the objective and fulfil the clients' and other stakeholders' needs by offering high quality and precise services.
Increase work productivity with full focus towards producing high quality works at all levels and producing timely and accurate audit reports.
- To assist an organisation in achieving its objectives through systematic and disciplined approaches to assess and determine the effectiveness of all control and administrative processes.
- To assist the higher management to improve the level of financial management and compliance to the stipulated laws, regulations and procedures.
- To assist the management to determine that the programmes and activities are managed economically, efficiently, effectively and appropriately.
- To study the reliability and effectiveness of the financial and control systems
- To study the level of compliance to all policies, laws, regulations and orders currently enforced
- To study that the activities of the organisation are managed prudently, efficiently and effectively
- To study that the assets and interest of the organisations are protected from loss, frauds and breach of trust
- To provide advice and views on the internal control of all systems including the ICT system
- To perform audit functions in the Federal Statutory Bodies under the purview of the relevant ministries which have no Internal Unit in line with the General Circular Letter No. 3 Year 1998
- To report to the Chief Executive on the results of the audit and taking follow-up actions on the matters raised.
- To prepare the Annual Plans and Internal Audit Annual Reports for approval by the Executive ; and
- To present the Internal Audit report during the Financial and Accounts Management Committee Meeting.