The establishment of the Ministry's library started through the formation of the Department of Agriculture Federated Malay States in 1905. Back then, it functions only as an information bureau for agriculture-related issues. Starting from the book collections in the first Agriculture Director's office, a whole library collection was inherited by the Ministry when it was officially established in 1956. During the time, a number of library units was set up along with the formation of departments and agencies under the Ministry of Agriculture, such as the Drainage and Irrigation Department (today known as the Agriculture Drainage and Irrigation Division) in 1932, Veterinary Research Institute in Ipoh (1953), Food Technology Centre in Serdang (1966), Fisheries Research Institute in Pulau Pinang (1968) and other departments and agencies that have established the country's agriculture library infrastructure to fully benefit the country's development.
- Manage the development of Library Collection (procurement, documentation and automation)
- Manage the library's administrative and financial affairs
- Manage and provide library services
- Membekalkan maklumat yang tepat dan terkini mengikut keperluan pengguna dalam masa tiga (3) hari.
- Memproses bahan mengikut format dan Standard Antarabangsa bagi menyokong Pangkalan Data Kebangsaan dalam masa tiga (3) hari.